Wednesday, October 11, 2006

FIRST SOLO FLIGHT


Tuesday. A knock at the front door, the Yorkies screach and yelp so your brain rattles, the Postman shies away, Wendy questions, "Have you been buying stuff ?" Richard replies, "I suspect its a 'short order' of medical supplies." The package marked 'fragile' is torn open - several plain cartons emerge - clearly 'medical' but a delivery note reads, 'from Faye' ? Better have a mug of tea, thinks Wendy, as she opens a carton. "Wow, what a super surprise - that 'Red Imp' cannot be put down - obviously time for a 'cuppa' before today's Blogger tutorial." A carton is sent off to Brian, so he too can better enjoy a mug of tea !

Thanks for the kindest of thoughts, dear Faye.

Now refreshed with a mug of fine tea (in the finest of Red Imp mugs) it was time for my first Blogger 'solo flight'.

So, at upon the apron proudly I fired up my aging Mac PowerBook, and soon I'm at Blogger Sign In page. With a confident flourish in goes my 'User Name' followed by 'Password'. Hit the Button and, what's this ? Error ?

I type both 'secret codes' in again, slowly, not to make a mistake, hit the button and, again 'Error'. Again and again, for a hour I try every version of User Name and Password imaginable. Capital letters, initial capitals, numeral as words, every possible permutation but all produce Error, Error, Error.

Carers drag me to bed. I telephone my Tutor, my son Tim who tries my failed codes - and has no problem whatsoever. Not an Error. "Did you use 'word spaces' in your three word User Name ?" questions Son to Father. "Of course !" scoffs Dad. And Tuesday slips away - my lesson today being : No Word Spaces in User or Passwords, you Dummy Dad !

What will, or will not happen tomorrow ?

--------------------------------------------------------

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?

Powered by Blogger