Wednesday, October 25, 2006

NEVER HAD IT SO GOOD ?

Several years ago, actually 41, an old 1952 MkIi Dellow took my fancy.

After my £115 'offer' was agreed, I became the proud third owner of 'KTM 191' , and mindful that Harold Macmillan had recently told me, "I'd never had it so good", I zipped around North London and the West End as any 21 year old, young man might !

A couple of months later, a young and beautiful Wendy Brokenshire took my fancy too. After accepting my 'proposal' Wendy and myself married in September of 1966. Decked out in white ribbon, Dellow took us off on Honeymoon (at Clacton), and a new chapter in our lives began.

Wendy, born in Lincolnshire, and myself returned - with our two baby sons - to the County in 1972. We bought a house, made a home, started a business and paid all our taxes.

In 1981 our seemingly tranquil life was 'pulled up' sharply. Aged 35, Multiple Sclerosis and 'blindness', knocked loudly upon our Christmas Festive front door.

However 'life' goes on - and so it has ! My work and business changed to accomodate the illness and technology over the next decade - significant as they all were. But finally, no longer able to drive, or climb aboard, KTM 191 was sold last year - upon our 39th Wedding Anniversary. Wendy thought 'the cash' could be used towards an electric wheelchair, a holiday, a well deserved early retirement . . .

Unfortunately yet another 'spectre' appears, this time stalking the corridors of County Hall. And perhaps it is tomorrow when we'll learn of its evil intent !

Perhaps an Executive Member, or Chair, or all nine, could look to their own hopes and aspirations - and consider "fairness" in a less bigoted manner ?

Visit this site tomorrow for details of how a 'careless council' conducts itself !

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?

Powered by Blogger