Thursday, November 02, 2006

SUICIDE IS PAINLESS . . .

. . . it brings on many changes.

Wednesday, the morning after Halloween, the LCC ghoul fell upon my doormat. Rather than carving pumpkin lanterns, Christine Talbot and lackey Judy Lammie were busy posting out their wicked letters.

As predicted, but hardly believed so fast, my 'home care' charges are to rise 200% - from £41 up to £120 per week ! Even more astonishing - this ‘price hike’ starts on Saturday. Three days hence !

Well thanks LCC, you've given me - and 2000 other 'service users' just 72 hours notice. Not unlike ‘instant dismissal’, although I’m uncertain upon what particular grounds - "Gross Infirmity" presumably ?

A week ago, a record number of LCC opposition Councillors "called-in" to reconsider these 'price hikes' ! That was on Thursday 26th October - when Tory Councillors voted their final approval of their so called "fairer charges policy". Quite astonishingly how quickly they got their 'payment demand' letters out to all the ill and infirm ! Obviously 'they' - The Gang of Nine - had printed all their letters in advance. Clearly, there was never any intent to change their minds. "Charge the Cripples" was always Martin 'Hangman' Hill's 'Battle Cry' – I wish a severe dose of M.S. upon him and his cohorts all.

However, the new charges are equal to myself, as might be these Councillor's new washing machines – all lasting just three weeks. No 'warranty' replacements available, just buy another brand new washer each and every three weeks ! For life, until Death ! I'm certain Cripples and Councillors alike can afford it.

Heck, are Hill, Carter, Talbot, Poll, Robinson, Singleton, Strange, Bradwell and Webb actually living in the 'real World' ? Have the fumes of newly painted Council Hall fogged their brain cells ? Poor lambs - what a dreadful shame, I trust they start to dribble soon !

Of course, if you are to be believed Chrissie Talbot, the above 'rant' is my opinion alone - and naturally I deserve the worst the LCC can offer such an 'ungrateful cripple' such as myself.

We stopped 'home care' as from Friday night. The consequences of this will mean I'll stay in bed until there are funds enough to buy private help and get me out. This was never what I paid my Business Rates, Council Tax, Income Taxes and NI for - but then those were once 'the rules', and now they have been changed.

Watch out Baby Boomers - a gaunt 'care in the community' stalks these bleak cold Lincolnshire fields, with total disregard of your past hard efforts ! Your Taxes, NI contributions, Business Rates were all for nothing !

Perhaps 'Patient Zero' will explain what they wanted of me ? Perhaps 'Liz' will read my inevitable rant ? Thanks Phil – did it come over loud and clear ?

“Ride on, go faster 'Blaise' - we're 'out of here', don't throw a shoe now upon the Shoebury Road.”

----------------------------------

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?

Powered by Blogger