Friday, December 01, 2006

HIT THE GROUND . . . falling ?

As 'blogged' in "Suicide" and "Take 13", several weeks ago I took to my bed. This was the result of LCCs 200% 'home care' price hike. Rather than 'sudden sickness', my 'taking to bed' was caused by a 'sudden cash demand'. Had such a financial demand happened to Adult Servicese Cllr. Chrissie Talbot, I doubt whether she could have remained standing - nevertheless she still remains in office !

A direct result of Cllr Talbot, my daily charges for helping me get in and out of bed - had risen from £41 to £120 per week ! An astonishing figure of an extra £80 per week to suddenly find. Clearly I could not find such cash, although Talbot considers I can ! However, I guess 'robbers' and 'crooks' don't consider their victims' cash-flow either ?

Remaining 'in bed' seemed my single option - the 'home care agency' daily visits cancelled.

Economic wisdom advised me, that £18 a day was far too much money to find. With only 72 hours notice from LCC, totally outside normal household budgeting !

Medical wisdom advised me, that prolonged periods 'in bed' would reduce my already weakened strength. An 'alternating daily rota' - one day spent in bed, next day get out of bed and spent in wheelchair - a far preferred routine ! Reduced strain upon Wendy too - with her solo help being required less frequently - the transfers per week cut by half.

Both 'economic' and 'medical' wisdom were hardly matters beyond my comprehension. However, these subjects clearly not within the knowledge of "the wise ones" at County Hall. Obviously the "Gang of Nine" collective knowledge is not worthy of any 'Salaries', but their 'Expenses and Allowences' are a matter for question ? I've heard romours its £600 a week each - nice work if you can get it ! Perhaps someone will 'comment' to confirm ?

Nevertheless, here I am reporting about my recent "on the carpet" sessions. During the last two weeks, and since "taking to my bed", I have fallen from grace twice. When falling, it is not without much screaming !

Whilst 'transferring' - from bed to wheelchair, or cammode - my legs have failed to support my weight. Yes, a 24 or 36 hour period spent 'in bed', significantly weaken my limited leg support. Whereas a month ago I could stand - upright upon a 'turner/rotunda' unaided - for 30 seconds, now 3 or 6 seconds is the limit. Confidence in 'momentary standing and balance' has also escaped my control.

But I am not alone with such loss of important control - a certain member of that 'Gang of Nine' has lost 'it' too ! Although her 'level of incompetence' had been reached - her 'portfolio' far too large.

Here 'loss of control' credit must go to LCC Councillor Christine Anne Talbot (on the Right). Clearly her portfolio of "Adult Services and Secondary Education (including Adult Social Care)" is beyond her control too !

LCCs 'delivery' of Social Care, gets a single star rating - for yet another year - proves it. Worst county in the country proves you have lost control. Your bluster on TV and Radio clearly expressed that. Upon 'your watch' it has become far worse ! My own situation confirms it ! How about resignation Chrissie ? You promised to do so last year, if no improvemant was recorded ! Or were you simply 'telling porkies' Christine ?

---------------------------------------------------------

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?

Powered by Blogger